Are you going to the grave with unlived lives still in your veins?

3/07/2010

Hiawasse, Georgia

60 ish Miles in, left on the morning of the 3rd from Springer (the southern terminus). Only 1 more day of hiking 'till I've ticked my first state!  Didn't manage the 12 mile side hike to the state high point of Georgia, but it'll be there when I get back.  Also, there is a road to the top, so I figured it wasn't worth it to burn a day and go 0 miles toward Maine, especially since I can drive up there!  Discovered how calorically dense spam is, so it has become a new staple on top of peanut butter. It is much cheaper than cliff bars.  Ate 6,000 calories for DINNER today, on top of anchovies and cliff bars while on the trail.  Planning on the next 70 miles in 4 days, with the 5th day off to enjoy the Nantahala Outdoor Center.  Also, Alieve has become part of a daily cycle, and it enables me to churn out the high mileage.  Still waiting for the first day without snow drifts and slippery slopes, but I don't think we'll get it 'till after the Smokies. Sorry for a lack of photographs, but I can't hook my camera up to this computer because we are at a Holiday Inn and it is stripped down to the internet and the recycling bin, with no USB recognition.... oh well, you'll see 'em eventually!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! Appalachian pages says you are 67+ miles in so far. You are off to a real good start. Keep up the big calories!!

    ReplyDelete